Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Fantasy Issues

I had my first fantasy draft last night and it was not a fun experience. I was on the web from home and my connection was so slow I missed my chance to pick a couple of times and had to rush the ones I did make. The baby woke up a few of times and I had to miss a couple of rounds. I don’t even know how I ended up with Jimmy Anderson. Who is Jimmy Anderson? Anyway, rounds 16-23 were almost a complete bust for me. I missed a chance to pick up some decent outfielders and utility players.

But who knows, maybe my team won’t be that bad. I ended up with a lot of Sox and Cubs players because those are the guys I know best. I'm not sure if that is a bad or good omen. Below are my picks for the 5X5 rotisserie league.

1B: Giambi (computer picked for me)
2B: Kent
3B: Chavez
SS: Jose Valentin
C: Javy Lopez (computer pick)
Infield Reserves: Bobby Crosby, Konerko, Sean Burroughs (computer pick)

All Chicago Outfield
OF: Magglio Ordonez
OF: Cory Patterson
OF: Moises Alou
Outfield Reserves: Steve Finley, Bobby Kielty

Starting Pitchers:
Colon
Zambrano
Ponson
Radke
Garland
Edwin Jackson
Jimmy Anderson (picked by mistake – long story)

Relief Pitchers:
Troy Percival
Damaso Marte
Lance Carter