Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Sports Guy

Bill Simmons seems to be a polarizing figure in the sports world. He has some huge fans and just as many hardcore detractors. As for myself, I enjoy his writing, but will allow that some of his schtick can get tiresome (you know, the wide-eyed outsider act while he has been an insider for a long time now - the constant ass-kissing of his interview subjects). But I really look forward to each new column so any of my complaints are rather petty.

But I do have to question what would prompt him to post his mother's and wife's NCAA tourney picks on his blog. Did he think anyone would actually find this interesting?

I know it only his blog and not an actual column but in reality there isn't that much difference between the two on his espn2 site. I can't wait until next week when he posts his grocery list for his Final Four party.