Thursday, October 14, 2004

Election Season

I'm in agreement with the Democratic Party on a number of issues (mainly social). But I find it terribly difficult to vote for anyone on the Democratic side.

There are many reasons, and Stephen Green nails one of them. Here's his response to the lefts latest tactic of falsely claiming voter fraud and intimidation so they can lay the groundwork of litigating the results of this election if things don't go their way:

Now, I know this is an angry essay. However, I don't mean to imply that all Democrats are evil and all Republicans are sweetness and light. Far from it. But for the first time in 16 years, I'm going to vote Republican straight down the line. If I have to punish a couple of local Democrats I'm fond of, then so be it, but I have to try to get a point across: The national Democratic Party is bad for this country.

I don't say that because of their policies, which I probably agree with more than I do the Republicans. But because their tactics would cause more harm to this country than the Federal Marriage Amendment, the Republican budget deficit, and Congress's corporate tax giveaways, combined.

As they say, read the whole thing.

Now this latest election tactic is one of many things that I find repugnant about the Democratic Party. But it's only an extension of what infects the party at its core: the belief that the other side is evil. When a party becomes completed seeped in self-righteousness, continually demonizes those that disagree with them, and sees itself as a victim of everything under sun, it is only a matter of time before they start believing it's okay to grab power by any means necessary. I guess that time has arrived.