Friday, October 08, 2004

Big Games in the Big Ten

Well it's October. There's no baseball in Chicago and there Bears have a bye
week. But the Big Ten has some interesting games. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Purdue all go into enemy territory this weekend with spotless records.

Wisconsin goes into the horseshoe this weekend to take on the Buckeyes. Ohio State will try to bounce back from their overtime loss to Northwestern last weekend (which I predicted)but I don't see it happening. Ohio State is favored by 3.5. Since I don't think they will score more than 10, put your money on the Badgers.

Minnesota goes into Ann Arbor this weekend as a 3.5 point underdog just like Wisconsin. Minnesota should have beaten the Wolverines last year and will this year. Ohio State and Michigan versions 2004 just aren't every good It's just a matter of time before the oddsmakers start believing it.

Purdue goes to Happy Valley as 11 point favorites.

Did you hear that sound? I think Penn State just hit bottom. I actually feel sorry for old Joe. This is one of the few instances where the school would have shown more compassion by firing the coach. Put the old man out of his misery!

Anyway, while I expect Purdue to win I don't think they will cover. So take the line on the Lions.

No pick on the Northwestern-Indiana game. Northwestern will win but I'm not sure about making up 11.5 points.

I'll end it with my pick of the week. Illinois is a 7 point underdog against Michigan State. Take the Spartans, the money, and run.