Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Back to Work

Wow. It's been a long time since I posted! The big day finally arrived last Wednesday. My wife and I just had our first child, Claire. We decided not to find out the gender of the baby which made the delivery even more exciting (if that's possible). Thanks to all who sent congratulations.

Congratulation message basically had came in two categories. People who have yet to have kids congratulated us with words like "exciting" and "fun". People who already have kids congratulated us and wished that we didn't have too many sleepless nights! So far I think the wife and I have been in survival mode. It is still very exciting. But right now, I don't think fun is a very good description.

I haven't even picked up a sports page since the October 20th so I'm a little behind on current events. I didn't even realize the Marlins won the World Series until Sunday night, a full day later. But I'm back at work today and trying to get back into the swing of things (which of course means checking out some blogs).

I had to send a quick e-mail yesterday to Seth for predicting the Bulls would win 22 games this year. Now they went 27-14 at home last year so its real hard for me to imagine them only winning 22 this year. I agree Chandler, Curry and Crawford need to continue their improvement, but if they play anything like they did last April, the Bulls should reach 40 wins. I guess its hard for Minnesota fans to give Chicago teams respect right now after the beatings given out by the Twins & Vikings.

Anyway, I think this will be a real exciting year for the Bulls and look forward to following them on the site. If you're interested Bulls-stuff drop by over the next 6, hopefully 7, months. I still plan on doing a year end review of the Sox but it seems to keep getting pushed back. I'll try to get it done in the next couple of weeks.