Thursday, October 16, 2003

Painful

In my lifetime the Cubs have gone 0-6 in games that would have sent them to the World Series. The White Sox have never been closer than 2 wins away so I really can't relate to the anguish being felt right now by Cubs fans. So I have to ask: Was it worth it? Would it have been better to lose to the Braves? Not make the playoffs? Does all the fun during the season make up for all the pain in the end?

I really don't know. Normally I would say it would be worth it. You know - its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all (I'm sure I butchered the line but you know what I mean). But the way this one ended was especially cruel!

I don't want to get in to how I felt about the game last night since I'm the only Sox fan in my family (and that includes in-laws, aunts, uncles, etc.) and don't want to rub salt in anyone's wounds. So let's just say I slept well last night.